It's been awhile since I've done a random thoughts post or a list, so, how about a List of Random Thoughts? Why yes, that sounds lovely if I do say so myself.
- I went out with friends on Friday night and came off as Mama Superior about high fructose corn syrup. It started off innocently enough when a friend was talking about buying corn flakes and I was like, "Oh my god! Have you found a good brand without high fructose corn syrup?!" The look on her face said, "shut up" and then the rest of her said it shortly after that.
- During that same little drinking party, we talked for a very long time about Cap'n Crunch. There is a special place in my heart for people who can spend an evening discussing breakfast cereals and their associated characters with the same passion reserved for serious political discussions.
- Is it Pigs in a Blanket or Pigs in Blankets? I think it should be Pigs in Blankets because it's not like they all share one blanket. They each have their own. Anyway, I'd never eaten them until this weekend and - let me just say - they go down quite easily with a good beer. I ate so many at my friend's house that I actually oinked a little when I left.
- I have decided that being a middle school principal just might be worse than being a social worker.
- If you ever need to spill something on someone or trample someone at a crowded restaurant, pick me! I'm the best. I am gracious and overly kind. This server spilled beer all over me when I first arrived at this parent gathering and he barely even said that he was sorry. I was all, "No problem! I probably would have done that myself in a few hours anyway!" Then, I laughed a little bit too heartily and wandered off to spend the next two hours with parents who were probably thinking, "Poor Zeca...her mother's a lush" because I smelled like I'd been on a Beer Bender.
- It takes approximately 1½ quality beers to release my inner extrovert.
- Just when you think the cold weather, gray skies, sickness and fatigue have made things as bad as they can get, things can get more depressing... if you watch The L Word.
- Don't forget to put a pull-up on your 3 year old before bed. They get pissed off - literally and figuratively - and you are left to clean up the mess.
- When you forget to put a pull-up on your 3 year old before bed and are faced with sodden sheets, don't call yourself "stupid" even if the child is in another room because you will get a lecture the next morning about using a "bad" word. You know you've hit bottom when you have a little kid standing before you, shaking her head and saying in the most disappointed tone, "Really mama..."
- Since I am neither the Executive Director of the Screen Actor's Guild or a newly appointed federal judge, I clearly did not get my money's worth from my four years at Grinnell College. I think I should sue which reminds me of the time my mother threatened to sue Grinnell for turning me into a lesbian. I wish she was still around because I would totally call her today and remind her of that story and see if she thought it was funny now.
This week is going to be crazy at work but I do plan on posting. My problem is that I don't have time to think of my own ideas. I want you to come up with ideas for me. Some might call this lazy but I like to call it clever. So, I will blog on the topics suggested by the first 4 people to comment on this post. Anything goes people....