So, I started writing this post and realized that it had absolutely no point. Was I daunted by that? No, but it did give me pause. Luisa then spoke up and said, "It doesn't have to have a point. It's just a list of kinda weird things about you". The Grand Poobah has spoken so I am officially declaring that this post will have no point and simply allows me to throw some Latin around. I was in Latin club in high school. Yes, I lettered in Debate and spent the rest of my free time building replicas of the Circus Maximus and learning to sing Christmas carols in Latin. I know...many of them started out that way but Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer did not and I can sing most of that in Latin. There is no end to my quirky party tricks. I learned some other things from Latin too:
- The funny Latin phrase noted in the title of this post is funny to high schoolers and 7 year old boys named Miguel.
- If you can do it to a mountain, it's a preposition.
- It takes a really long time to make a giant mosaic of Neptune out of grains of rice.
- Being the party planner for Latin club is not an honor, it simply means that you had slightly better social skills than the rest of the geeks.
- Don't have t-shirts made with your name written on the back in fancy script. Otherwise, you'll end up being called Dikki for years. Damn that fancy "V"!
There you have it. This brings this disjointed and poorly written post to a close. I hope you enjoyed it and, if you didn't, de gustibus non est disputandum.