It seems like it should be the end of November, doesn't it? I'm feeling very November 30th-ish. Blogging every day apparently makes time screech to a halt. I have blog ideas, oh you bet your sweet bippy I do. I just don't want to actually write them because my mind is elsewhere. Where is my mind? Well... Top 3 Places Where My Mind Is Not
- The gutter - My mind is very rarely in the gutter. Actually, I should work on this and gutter up my brain.
- Hogwarts - I know Harry Potter 7 opens this weekend but I'm not going. So there.
- Margaritaville - Is this actually a real place or a state of mind? I never drink margaritas.
Top 3 Places Where My Mind is
- Thanksgiving - We're hosting and I have a bunch of phone calls and arrangin' to do.
- Work - I volunteered to be in the first wave of social workers cast into the wind. This is what passes for control.
- Oak Lake - I'm heading to Oak Lake tonight for a writing weekend.
That's right, I'm going to write a book this weekend. Well, I don't think I'll finish it but my co-conspirator thinks we will. She's a "glass half-full" kinda gal while I'm a "I don't care what's in the glass as long as it tastes good" kinda gal. Anyway, this is a project that has been in the works for a long time. It has changed a lot in the past year or so and now it's time to just sit down and write a big ol' chunk of it. So, we'll be at the cabin by ourselves (no partners, no children) and there is no television and...I can hardly stand to type this but...there is no internet. I know what you are thinking...you are thinking, "Great. Big deal about the book. What about me? How are you going to Blo your Po without internet?" Well, I tried to wrangle Luisa into guest posting and she refused. Zeca has volunteered but is slacking. I plan to lock her in her room until she has a draft of a blog post scrawled on tear-stained Hello Kitty stationary. We'll all just have to trust that somehow this will work. Stay tuned...